How much prize money will the 2023 Lexus Challenge winner receive?
This is the first time a professional golf tournament in Vietnam has reached the prize money of VND 2 billion. In which, only VND 1.8 billion for the Men's Division exceeded the prize fund of many other domestic and foreign professional prizes, while the prize fund for the Women's group was also increased to 200 million VND. Lexus Challenge 2022 has a bonus fund of VND 1.5 billion.
Specifically, the structure of the solution is as follows:
Prize fund: VND 2,000,000,000 (Two billion VND), of which: 1,800,000,000 VND (One billion eight hundred million VND) for Men and 200,000,000 VND (Two hundred million VND) for Women.
Note: Amateur players who end up in high bonus positions can keep their amateur status by either not accepting the bonus or accepting a maximum bonus of VND 23,000,000 (Twenty-three million VND). VND), the rest of the prize money (if any) will be contributed to the training and development program of young Vietnamese golf talents organized by the Vietnam Golf Association.
The division and prize money of the positions in each group are as follows:
Projected Payout (VND)
Projected Payout (VND)
The tournament is open to all Male/Female players who meet one of the following conditions:
- Official member of VGA Tour system.
- Professional golfer with Vietnamese nationality.
- Foreign professional golfers living and working legally in Vietnam.
- Amateur golfers with Vietnamese nationality have an official handicap index (from V-handicap or a handicap management organization approved by the Board such as GHIN, GOLF Link ...) not higher than 5.0 (for Men) and 10.0 (for Female) at the time of registration.
- Special circumstances are considered by the Council.
- There will be two separate groups: Men and Women.
- The maximum number of players of the tournament is 100 (Men's group) and 20 (Women's group), of which the maximum number of foreign players is 30 (Men) and 10 (Women), the maximum number of amateur players are 30 (Male) and 15 (Female).
- In case there are less than 08 female players registered to compete, the Committee may remove the Women's Division and arrange the Female players to play in the same group with the Men. The Council will make an official announcement about this before the tournament.
- The Council reserves the right to refuse any registration or stop accepting registrations when the above maximum number of players has been reached.
- Under the Amateur Status Rule 2022, registration and participation in the tournament itself will not void an amateur player's amateur status. Amateur players will only lose their amateur status when accepting a bonus that is larger than the allowed limit (VND 23,000,000 – VND twenty three million) if they end up in a position with a higher bonus this limit. See more in section 6.
The tournament will be held in a stroke play format over four (4) rounds of 18 holes (72 holes total). In the event that the weather and course conditions do not permit the completion of 72 holes, the Committee shall have the right to decide whether to cancel the results of one or more rounds.
For the Men's Division: After 36 holes, there will be an elimination cut and only the 50 players with the best results and draws are entitled to continue.
For the Women's Division: After 36 holes, there will be an elimination cut and only the 12 players with the best results and draws are eligible to continue.
The winner in each group is the player with the lowest gross score at the end of the tournament in that group.
Fees, Registration and Cancellation of Registration
Participation Fee: 5,000,000 VND (Five million even)
Participation fee includes: green fee, caddy fee for the official practice round and tournament rounds (up to 04 days if passing the cut after the first two days of competition), welcome party and award ceremony.
The participation fee does not include: caddy tip, the cost of other practice days and other expenses.
Players under the age of 18 (with a birth date on or after February 20, 2005) will be 100% free to participate.
All registrations must be made online or on the Official Application Form of the tournament and then sent to the BTC (email or by post) with the following information:
-Vietnam Golf Service Joint Stock Company (VGS)
- Phone number: 0963 800 480 (Mrs. Nguyen Thanh Thuy)
- Address: No. 20 Vo Chi Cong, Tay Ho District, City. Hanoi
- Email: [email protected] (When registering via email, players should call BTC to confirm)
The registration fee must be transferred to the account of the Vietnam Golf Association (VGA) according to the following information:
- Account name: Vietnam Golf Association
- Account number: 0451-000-222-408
- Bank: Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank), Thanh Cong branch, Hanoi
- Content: (Full name) to pay the Lexus Challenge 2023 competition fee
All applications must be accompanied by a remittance confirmation. Registration will be confirmed only upon confirmation of the transfer. Please notify the Tournament Director or the Organizing Committee when having problems with money transfer or registration.
The receipt and confirmation of registration will be done in the following order of priority:
- Official members of VGA Tour system will be given priority to register first. If many members register, the priority among members will be determined based on the position on the season prize rankings of VGA Tour 2022.
- For all remaining players: in order of registration and money transfer according to the principle of first come first served.
The Board reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse any registration or to stop accepting registrations when the maximum number of players has been reached.
Deadline for registration and cancellation of registration
· Registration deadline: Monday, February 13, 2023 at 4 p.m.
· Deadline to cancel registration: Monday, February 13, 2023 at 4 p.m.
- Fees will not be refunded if you cancel your subscription after this time for any reason.